strange nginx hang after ~18600 requests

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Tue Dec 18 16:51:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:32:32AM -0500, gadh wrote:

> hi maxim
> since i cannot send you my code for now, could you point me to the reason/s
> to the lack of resources, so i can search for a solution ? can you suggest
> on a monitoring/debug tool that can help ?

I would recommend the following, in no particular order:

- Try looking at various trivial things like open files/sockets
  counters, nginx stub status output and so on.

- Try looking though debug log of a single request execution, and
  making sure you understand what goes on, there are no unexpected
  things and the request is properly finalized.

- Try producing a reduced test case which is as simple as possible
  in contrast to your original code, but is enough to reproduce
  the problem.

Maxim Dounin