Nginx Response Timing Range

Petertan2000 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Dec 19 12:09:03 UTC 2012

1. To test the stability of my Nginx installation, I use a load generator on
a static_30K.html page of 30KB.
I added $response_time to my log file and generated 100 threads x 10 loops
of static_30K.html
My top show load of 0.01

2. I sorted the timings of the log file in a spreadsheet.
There are 1,000 entries. timing range from 0.000 (600 entries) to max of
0.944 sec

3. The range is on the high side especially the Upper numbers consider my
server is no load and it is only one static file

4. Can advise what I can focused to tune on Nginx and even OS

5. I am on the latest developer release on Nginx 1.3.9 running php5-fpm
Mysql on Ubuntu Precise.
My CPU is 4 core with 2GB RAM with FAST SSD

6. My Nginx Config are shown below.

nginx.conf
---------------------------
user www-data;
worker_processes  2;
worker_rlimit_nofile 10000;

error_log  /var/log/nginx/error.log;
pid        /var/run/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  2048;
}

http {
    include       /etc/nginx/mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    access_log  /var/log/nginx/access.log;

    sendfile        on;
    tcp_nopush     on;
    tcp_nodelay         on;

    keepalive_timeout  60;
    server_tokens off;

    gzip  on;
    gzip_disable "msie6";
    gzip_buffers 16 8k;
    gzip_comp_level 9;
    gzip_proxied any;
    gzip_types text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml
application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

    include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
    include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default;
}

default
---------------
log_format combined_withtime_format '$remote_addr $request_time $remote_user
[$time_local]  '
                    '"$request" $status $body_bytes_sent '
                    '"$http_referer" "$http_user_agent"';

server {
server_name  XXXXXXX.org;
rewrite ^/(.*) http://www.XXXXXXX.org/$1 permanent;
}

server {
server_name  www.XXXXXXX.org;

access_log  /var/log/nginx/access.log combined_withtime_format;
error_log   /var/log/nginx/error.log ;
add_header  'X-UA-Compatible' 'IE=edge';

location ~ /\. {
        deny all;
}

location / {