nginx erroneously redirecting to https

Francis Daly francis at
Fri Dec 21 19:20:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:05:54AM -0500, Gulaholic wrote:

Hi there,

> My CMS base URL us set to HTTPS by default. With Apache the base URL is HTTP
> not HTTPS.

What is your nginx.conf, at least the location{} block that handles the
request that does not act as you wish?

What is the output of "curl -i" of that problem request?

What output do you want to have for that request?

> I've been struggling for this several days.

There are possibly many parts involved. Answers to the above questions
may give a hint as to what should be changed to make everything work as
you wish.

Francis Daly        francis at