Complancy with the IETF specifications (RFCs 1945, 2616 and 2396)

Jonathan Matthews contact at
Wed Dec 26 13:12:18 UTC 2012

On 26 December 2012 12:35, parttis <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Hi
> I am currently making a research related to different HTTP server
> implementations.
> To make my research results complete, I would like to know if Nginx web
> server is fully compliant with the following IETF recommendations:
>  * HTTP/1.0 specification RFC 1945,
>  * HTTP/1.1 specification RFC 2616, and
>  * the URI generic syntax specification RFC 2396.

Isn't the point of "research" that you actually, er,  *research* these
things yourself?

For example, writing a test suite of clients and tests that you can
point at various HTTP servers to discover their RFC/etc compliance

Jonathan Matthews // Oxford, London, UK