Disable auth_basic for unique (set of) URL

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Dec 30 11:17:16 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 07:26:58PM -0500, B.R. wrote:

Hi there,

You've got a working nginx.conf, so all is good.

I'll just add some small points about curl, which may make future
testing easier.

> Using cURL, I had some errors about an IPv6 address which I do not know.

It is possible to use "-4" to tell curl to only resolve names to IPv4
addresses -- that might avoid that problem.

> Using the right domain name (and not any other or even IP) is important
> since my Nginx configuration serves content based on the requested name.

You can use something like

  curl -i -H Host:domain.name http://127.0.0.1/thisfile.php

to connect to the desired address, and then send the required domain
name in the Host: header which nginx will use to choose the server{}
configuration to use.

> Problem solved, configuration cleared and tweaked for better performance.
> I can't thank you enough (that is starting to be too much :oP)

Glad it's all working now.

All the best,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org