autoindex directive in 'if' section

Max nginxyz at mail.ru
Thu Feb 2 00:28:57 UTC 2012

02 февраля 2012, 01:46 от "B.R." <reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr>:

> Since the location is based on the new /post_redirect/ folder, the indexing
> page shows:
> Index of /post_redirect/*******
>
> It is unaesthetic to me, since I would like the original URI there. :o\
> Any trick on that?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. If you want autoindex to mask
the directory name, you'll have to change the source code yourself:

File src/http/modules/ngx_http_autoindex_module.c
Function: ngx_http_autoindex_handler(ngx_http_request_t *r)
Variable: dir

You could extend the module to include a new command for
such masking (autoindex_mask_dir "/dir_to_display/"), it shouldn't
take more than 20 minutes to code.

Max