Nginx User nginx at
Mon Feb 6 18:15:10 UTC 2012

On 6 February 2012 17:47, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at> wrote:
> Changes with nginx 1.0.12                                        06 Feb 2012
>    *) Feature: the "TLSv1.1" and "TLSv1.2" parameters of the
>       "ssl_protocols" directive.
>    *) Feature: the "if" SSI command supports captures in regular
>       expressions.

I was really hoping this feature from the 1.1.11 release would make it
into the next stable release (1.0.12)

*) Feature: the "proxy_redirect" directive supports variables in the
first parameter.

Looks like it didn't make the cut. Any chance of making the next
release? The current limitation of variables to only the second
parameter makes this feature a bit cumbersome.

Because of a number of backend apps that try to redirect, I have to do:

# proxy_redirect   http://site_1:8080/    http://site_1/;
# proxy_redirect   http://site_2:8080/    http://site_2/;
# proxy_redirect   http://site_3:8080/    http://site_3/;
# proxy_redirect   http://site_n:8080/    http://site_n/;

in my proxy params file instead of a simple:

# proxy_redirect   http://$host:8080/    http://$host/;

Please consider adding it.