Autoindex module extension [patch]

Max nginxyz at mail.ru
Wed Feb 8 05:49:34 UTC 2012

08 февраля 2012, 04:31 от Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru>:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 01:49:39AM +0400, Max wrote:
> > 06 февраля 2012, 21:00 от Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru>:
> > >
> > > There are no plans to extend autoindex with various
> > > customizations.  Instead, we'll likely provide xml index to make
> > > arbitrary customization via xslt possible.
> >
> > Then could you maybe add my extension to the list of 3rd party
> > modules and patches?
> >
> > You can find the patch and the documentation here:
> >
> > NGiNXYZ NGiNX Autoindex Module Extension
> > http://nginxyzpro.berlios.de/nginxyz_nginx_autoindex_module_extension/
>
> The only list of 3rd party modules we have is in wiki, which you
> may update yourself if you feel it's usable for others.

I have updated the wiki to include my extension:
http://wiki.nginx.org/3rdPartyModules#Third_party_patches

> (You may also want to look at fancy index 3rd party module, which is
> expected to cover most of customization needs as of now.  See
> http://wiki.nginx.org/NgxFancyIndex.)

I'm familiar with that module, but it doesn't provide the features
my extension provides, which is why I wrote my extension.
While the fancy_index_header directive could be used to include
a customized header file to omit the "Index of" string in the title
and in the header (which is what my autoindex_omit_index_of
directive does), there is no way to customize the displayed
directory name with the fancy index module, it always displays
the URI, unlike my autoindex_dirname_to_display directive, which
can be set to display anything, including variables, instead of
the standard URI-based "Index of /directory/subdirectory/" string.

Max