.htaccess issues

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Tue Feb 14 14:52:46 UTC 2012

On 14 Fev 2012 07h48 WET, nginxyz at mail.ru wrote:

> Have you ever actually used the auth_request module? Or have you at
> least read the part of the auth_request module README file where
> Maxim wrote:

<snip>

Just to say that it works also with the cache on private:

location /private/ {
    error_page 403 /403.html;
    auth_request /auth;
    # usual cache stuff
    proxy_pass http://backend;
}

location = /auth {
    proxy_pass ...
    proxy_pass_request_body off;
    proxy_set_header Content-Length "";
    proxy_set_header X-Original-URI $request_uri;
    # It's *here* that you cannot cache...
}

The previous was just an example where the cache location was really
private. It cannot be accessed directly.

I suspect the reason it cannot be cached is simply because not only it
would defeat the authorization purpose as well due to the fact that
this module doesn't care about the request body. It only deals with
the headers.

--- appa