Making http_auth_request_module a first-class citizen?

Maxim Khitrov max at mxcrypt.com
Wed Feb 15 13:56:49 UTC 2012

Hello Maxim,

Back in 2010 you wrote that it's not likely that your
http_auth_request_module would make it into nginx core. I'm curious if
anything has changed over the past two years?

It's not that compiling this module into nginx is a problem
(especially on FreeBSD), but I think a lot of people are inherently
weary of depending on 3rd-party modules, since there is no guarantee
of continued support.

What do you think about adding your module to the main nginx repository?

- Max