I patched the spnego module

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:59:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Sven Ludwig <nginx at abraumhal.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i only want to announce, that i patched the spnego module, so you can use it as
> a 100% replacement to apache2+mod_auth_kerb.
>
> https://github.com/muhgatus/spnego-http-auth-nginx-module
>
> I installed in on 3 hosts running now for about 2 weeks without an error.
> Perhaps somebody wants to test it too? :)

Was this based off off of my work I funded?
https://github.com/mike503/spnego-http-auth-nginx-module

I just got a blog reply a couple days ago saying someone had got it
working, which was the first time I had got a positive reply (since my
corporate network seems so complex I can't test it on my own still...)
http://michaelshadle.com/2010/01/17/spnego-for-nginx-a-start-at-least

It would be great to have a working module for this, there was
interest in it when I brought it up a couple years ago, but then
nobody helped extend or test it :)

I would love to talk offline, maybe there is something you're doing
vs. mine (I didn't code it, only sponsor it) but obviously I want the
most mature and extensible module out there.

>From my understanding if Kerberos fails it's supposed to fall back to
digest, but nginx did not support digest yet (only basic), someone
once summarized it for me and it is in my notes somewhere.