nginx default server not used

rj nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Feb 20 06:33:05 UTC 2012

Edho Arief Wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:17 AM, rj
> <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> > I also restarted and reloaded the config several
> times via
> > /etc/init.d/nginx {restart, reload, stop and
> start} without any
> > success.
> > Already checked the error log, unfortunately it
> is empty.
> > The server is running and working otherwise as
> expected. It serves
> > static and dynamic (php/ruby) content and also
> correctly passes requests
> > to a java tomcat server without any problems. I
> have no clue what could
> > trigger this odd behavior.
> > It seems all server configurations work
> correctly except for the default
> > config.
> >

> Have you tried to clear your browser's cache?
>
> --
> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail -
> www.asciiribbon.org

Yeah that was the first thing I had in mind but it wasn't the reason.
Somehow nginx didn't stop nor reload the config and as it didn't give me
any warning I assumed it did what I ask. My fault for not properly
checking if it actually stopped or not.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,222679,222700#msg-222700