[ANNOUNCE] Tengine-1.2.3

Joshua Zhu zhuzhaoyuan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:12:25 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

We're glad to announce that Tengine-1.2.3 has been released. You can
download it here:
http://tengine.taobao.org/download/tengine-1.2.3.tar.gz

Starting from this release, Tengine is based on Nginx-1.0.12. Other changes
include:
* Feature: adds the 'request_time_cache' directive, to get more precise
$request_time/$request_time_msec/$request_time_usec.
* Feature: adds the 'slice' module to get a part of a static file.
* Change: deletes unused browser detection.
* Bugfix: fixes a bug in upstream when reading header.
* Bugfix: fixes a bug in 'expires_by_types'.

OT:
Apache 2.4 is getting very hot these days. Some Apache guy even claimed
it's faster than Nginx. So I ran a simple benchmark. It turned out Nginx
was still the winner. More detailed information:
http://blog.zhuzhaoyuan.com/2012/02/apache-24-faster-than-nginx/

Regards,

--
Joshua Zhu