Uploads with nginx 1.0.12

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Feb 29 20:35:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 20:59 +0100, Adrián Navarro wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using file uploads with nginx 1.0.12, php5-fpm and php 5.3.10.
> Currently, big file uploads (~1300 MB) do take about 30 seconds to
> process after the file is being uploaded, and the CPU load spikes. Is
> there a way to prevent that?

I assume that since the spike occurs *after* the upload, the culprit is
PHP, not Nginx?

> I am using a very simple script (just a var_dump($_FILES), nothing
> more,

Assuming the spike is caused by PHP, you might take a look at the
nginx_upload module, which will handle the entire upload process for
you, and just hand your PHP script a path to the uploaded file (along
with a few other parameters).

Here's some references: