fastcgi_keep_conn consuming ports?

Scott Conger sconger at
Fri Jan 6 23:02:54 UTC 2012

I wanted to try the new "fastcgi_keep_conn on;" configuration setting. I grabbed 1.1.13 and added the setting to my configuration. It seems to function, but I started getting HTTP 502 errors when I put load on the server. Looking at netstat, it seems to be consuming all available ports:

netstat -nt > stat.txt
grep TIME_WAIT stat.txt | wc -l

Everything works fine if I comment the configuration line out, which leaves me a bit puzzled as to what is going on. Is there perhaps some other setting I should be changing?

nginx -V
nginx version: nginx/1.1.13
built by gcc 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)