https proxy to apache server

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Jan 10 12:12:16 UTC 2012

On 10/01/12 12:56, Brian Akins wrote:
> AFAIK, you can't proxy directly to https.  Why are you trying to do
> this. Generally you terminate SSL on nginx the proxy to something
> else in cases like this. If you really (for some reason) needed to
> proxy over https, you could put something like stunnel (or stud) and
> have nginx talk to it.

I don’t mind proxing with nginx port 443 to apache port 80, as long as
the connection between nginx and the client is using https.

I want this because I got only one IPv4 address and multiple local
servers with services running on port 80 or 443. Proxing for nginx port
80 to apache port 80 works perfectly. I now want to have an https
connection also.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong