NGINX CSS optimizer module?

Casey Jordan casey.jordan at jorsek.com
Fri Jan 13 17:47:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We have been using NGINX for a year now with great results, so thanks to
everyone who has made this project so successful!

I am looking for a feature which I hope NGINX supports, and that is
optimization of serving CSS files, specifically around minimizing and
resolving @import statements server side.

For instance, to better manage the hundreds of css files we have, we
started breaking them up and using the @import directive. Obviously this
slows things down quite a bit because the browser has to make lots of
additional requests.

I am looking for a way to have NGINX automatically resolve all @imports so
when it servers a CSS file so it has no dependencies.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Casey

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.