NGINX CSS optimizer module?

Casey Jordan casey.jordan at
Fri Jan 13 22:20:34 UTC 2012

Thanks for the suggestion and we do already do this for a good deal of our
application css.

The CSS I am talking about though is more dynamic, and is actually part of
publishing pipelines that users of our software configure and use when the
server is running. Users will be uploading new CSS, making changes etc, all
in real time to influence published outputs of their content.

So it's not ideal to compile this on deployment, which is a main reason I
need a more dynamic solution.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM, James Cloos <cloos at> wrote:

> CJ> Ideally, on production server it would cache the result and serve
> CJ> that on all following requests.
> CJ> However, on development servers we would need to disable caching of
> CJ> the files so that we could see our changes take effect in real time.
> A better alternative may be to manage them just like any software
> package.  Write a Makefile so that >make< links the various src css
> files into a single file, and >make install< installs that into the
> served directory.
> -JimC
> --
> James Cloos <cloos at>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6
> nginx at

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.