Ningx/Django Bad Request Error - Partial SOLUTION

Henry Ward henry.ward at secondsightco.com
Wed Jan 18 19:24:22 UTC 2012

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for the ideas.  I did the curl as you suggested and that works.  You were right that it is something wrong with the POST request using Python urllib.  I tried both request and httplib with urlib and neither worked.  The only thing that worked was a command line curl.

I checked the error path and all the settings and I am still unable to get this error to diagnosis further.  I am getting other errors in the log but not this one.

I've never seen this problem before with Apache or django run server and it there is not much in the google searches about this.  Though I can hack the client with command like curl for now this seems Nginx issue that will reappear.

Henry