Nginx causing high IO

Ian M. lists at
Sat Jan 21 20:06:18 UTC 2012

Hello ladies and gents,

I am using nginx to serve video on our video sharing platform. We are
seeing high IO from nginx which is causing extremely slow responsiveness
from the servers. I have tried changing the number of child nginx
services to four but still the services go into a D state.

My servers are running centos 5 32bit.

Here's how my configs look:

There's some more to the configs but the rest is related to the script
that we're running to operate our website. Anyhow, any suggested would
be greatly appreciated as I'm not very familiar with nginx.

Thank you

Posted via