nginx Window native

Kurien Mathew kurienmatheww at
Tue Jan 24 11:10:35 UTC 2012

I tested the Cywin version along with the following additional
configuration settings:

worker_processes  5;
worker_rlimit_nofile 3072;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
    accept_mutex off;
    multi_accept on;

The exact effect of the above settings on the functioning of nginx is not
well understood. But with this configuration I find that multiple workers
do the work and this improves scalability. One problem that I discovered
was that sometimes a connection is not accepted and the following error is

2012/01/24 11:45:16 [alert] 15964#0: accept() failed (14: Bad address)

For eg with 2000 concurrent connections about 15 fail to be accepted. When
the client shuts down after waiting, the server sockets go into CLOSE_WAIT
state. They seem to remain that way forever.

Is anyone aware of a way to overcome this problem?