Default_server catch all block not working

Mit Rowe mit at stagename.com
Tue Jan 24 16:49:59 UTC 2012

we might need to see your whole configuration to get the full picture, but
here's an initial thought...

if your apache does virtual hosting based on the Host: header (which seems
likely from your description), you may need to pass the Host: header along,
which you can do like this:

proxy_set_header Host $http_host;

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM, António P. P. Almeida <appa at perusio.net>wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2012 15h26 WET, nginx-forum at nginx.us wrote:
>
> > Hi, getting quite desperate at the moment about this.
> >
> > I have a server serving several subdomains; actually proxying'em to
> > apache2. So I have main nginx vhost file with all server_name's
> > added.  Such server names match the defined ServerName's and
> > ServerAlias'es of Apache.  Beside, I have one more file to define a
> > default_server catch all block like follows
> >
> > server {
> > listen       80 default_server;
> > server_name  _;
> > error_log       /var/log/nginx/000default-error.log error;
> > root /var/www/forvo.com/_templates;
> > error_page 404 /404.html;
> > location / {
> > #return       444;
> > return 404;
> > }
> > location = /404.html {
> > internal;
> > }
> > #rewrite .* http://myfaultysubdomain.com permanent;
> > }
>
> AFAICT there's nothing here that should cause the 503s. Do you have
> any limits set, be it connection or rate limit?
>
> --- appa
>

> > As soon as I enable this file, everything works as expected,
> > however, in less than one minute (my site is always being visited),
> > all requests (good subdomains and bad subdomains as well) start to
> > get 503 response.  No log at all seems to change when this happens.
> >
> > Any clue to what may be happening pleeeeeease ......it's been hours,
> > during days, trying to figure out what the h@$!! is going on
> >
> > Posted at Nginx Forum:
> > http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,221572,221572#msg-221572

Will 'Mit' Rowe
Stagename*
*1-866-326-3098
mit at stagename.com <josh at stagename.com>
www.stagename.com
Twitter: @stagename

*The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the
sender and delete all material contained herein from your computer.*