How can I redirect some IP addresses?

Francis Daly francis at
Sun Jul 1 09:55:44 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 12:16:31AM -0400, Jiff wrote:

Hi there,

> I read but as I've
> got many of them I'm wondering if nginx can read a text
> file (or something else) instead of put all these addresses
> in a block?

> I'd also like if I can have a round-robin of redirections
> (once for amnesty, next to copwatch, etc)?

I'm not aware of a pure nginx.conf way of doing that.

But it shouldn't be too tough to use some scripting -- either error_page
to a location which does something_pass to a separate server which issues
the http redirect; or use one of the embedded scripting languages.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at