[ANN] ngx_openresty devel version 126.96.36.199 released
agentzh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 23:37:46 UTC 2012
After more than one week's active development, I'm happy to announce
that ngx_openresty development version, 188.8.131.52, is now released:
Below is the change log for this release, as compared to the last release
* upgraded LuaNginxModule to 0.5.5.
* feature: added new configure directives init_by_lua and
init_by_lua_file. they can be used to pre-load Lua modules,
register true Lua global variables, and initialize the
shared-memory storage defined via lua_shared_dict, at Nginx
config-loading time. thanks drdrxp for suggesting this new
* feature: now we print backtrace to "error.log" when Lua
errors happen in set_by_lua*, header_filter_by_lua*,
body_filter_by_lua*, and log_by_lua.
* bugfix: upstream data buffers were not marked as fully
consumed when body_filter_by_lua* was used and "ngx.arg"
was overwritten. this could result in connection hang for
large response bodies. thanks Tzury Bar Yochay for reporting
* bugfix: gcc complained that "dereferencing type-punned
pointer will break strict-aliasing rules" when "-O2" or
above was enabled while compiling. thanks Ryan Ooi for
reporting this and chaoslawful for fixing it.
* upgraded LuaRestyRedisLibrary to 0.10.
* feature: added the Redis "script" command introduced in
Redis 2.6. thanks Evgeniy Dolzhenko for suggesting this.
* docs: documented that storing the object instance into lua
module-level variables will result in failures for
* docs: documented that this lib cannot be used in those
contexts where the ngx_lua cosocket API is unavailable.
* upgraded SrcacheNginxModule to 0.14.
* feature: added new nginx variable $srcache_fetch_status
which takes one of three values, "BYASS", "MISS", and "HIT".
thanks Feibo Li for the patch.
* feature: added new Nginx variable $srcache_store_status
which takes the value "BYASS" or "STORE".
* optimize: removed unused context data field "fetch_sr" on
the C level to reduce the memory footprint a bit.
The HTML version of the change log with some useful hyper-links can be
Special thanks go to all our contributors and users for helping make this
OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application server by
bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx modules, as well
as most of their external dependencies. See OpenResty's homepage for
More information about the nginx