integrating event_add_timer, am I doing this right?

arosolino nginx-forum at
Sun Jul 8 07:00:14 UTC 2012

I think I figured this out on my own, there posed an issue if a worker
thread died. NGINX will automatically respawn a new one, and I need to
make sure the event attaches to the new one. This code ended up working

	// There is already an event owner set.
		// Does the PID still exist?
        for (s = 0; s < ngx_last_process; s++) {
            if (ngx_processes[s].pid == dosstop_shm->event_owner &&
!ngx_processes[s].exited) {
                return NGX_OK;