LZ4 + nginx

beadon1 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 17 18:26:50 UTC 2012

read a lz4 file or stream -> serve to browser

Can I also request LZ4 compression be a supported feature for direct
delivery to a browser ?  As a provider this means less overhead of a
compressed stream on each connection, meaning that there's less of a
bandwidth vs. CPU tradeoff.

I've begun requesting different browsers support this natively as well.

The real question I suppose is:  How did gzip come to be used ? With the
performance differences in speed and compression I envision a shift to
LZ4.

Thoughts ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,222697,228656#msg-228656