help needed with spdy

Christian Bönning christian.boenning at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:18:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm usually compiling nginx from source (currently using 1.3.3). As
I've read that spdy success story yesterday I thought I'd try that
myself. So I got 1.3.3 again patched it using spdy.patch-47.txt,
downloaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c and configured nginx using
'--with-http_ssl_module
--with-openssl=/usr/src/nginx/source/openssl-1.0.1c
--with-sha1=/usr/src/nginx/source/openssl-1.0.1c
--with-md5=/usr/src/nginx/source/openssl-1.0.1c' besides my other
defaults (full nginx -V & uname -a as well as my config which I'm
running for that host here:
https://gist.github.com/5f7ff6c8e347371042e7).

The site which I'm running (with 'ssl' and 'spdy' within the listen
directive) on this host currently is a redmine installation where
nginx delivers all static assets and passes anything else to thin.
Another vHost (running phpmyadmin there) on that server is spdy
enabled too - but listening on both. HTTP and HTTPS. Any access for
testing there is running through https anyway.

However neither Chrome (v22 with spdy enabled) nor Firefox (v14, spdy
enabled too) indicate that spdy is used on any of those hosts. Any
ideas what's going be wrong here?

Regards,
Chris