Graph nginx by error codes and requests per second? Cacti? or some other?

Matthieu Tourne matthieu.tourne at
Tue Jun 5 18:26:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Joseph Cabezas <tdgh2323 at> wrote:
> Does anybody have a monitoring system in place by nginx error code... 500,
> 200, 404, 444.... and did you do this with cacti or php4nagios?

You can take a look at the nginx-lua module (on the logby branch) :

There is an example in the README :
Look for log_by_lua, and log_by_lua_file.

You can use it to aggregate values, and use another location to report
aggregated data (using content_by_lua) and feed it in your own system.

We use OpenTSDB ( to keep aggregating data in time series.

Hope that helps,