Nginx and uwsgi

Biswas, Pinakee pinakee at vvidiacom.com
Mon Jun 11 13:34:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

We are building a Media Content Management and Delivery Platform based on
Python (and python based web framework like Pylons/Pyramid). We are planning
to use nginx as the web server.

We are new to nginx (have prior experience with Apache) and have downloaded
1.2.1. The OS is CentOS.

We are not sure how uwsgi works with nginx:

1.       Do we have to start uwsgi as a separate process?

2.       There is no option/directives for loading modules in nginx (as it
is there in Apache).

3.       I couldn't find a good documentation on the uwsgi based directives.
The one in nginx wiki is confusing.

Since nginx I think works as a reverse proxy where it forwards HTTP requests
to the uwsgi process, how about using something like Cherrypy or
PasteHTTPserver? Would there be any difference?

We would really appreciate your support regarding the above queries.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Pinakee Biswas

Director & CTO

Just watch it !

7E- Mail:  <mailto:pinakee at vvidiacom.com> pinakee at vvidiacom.com I 8Web:
<http://www.vvidiacom.com/> http://www.vvidiacom.com

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to, this will
preserve trees on planet earth.

----------------------------Disclaimer--------------------------------------
---------

The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is
confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake
please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this
message and any attachments from your system. Please note that e-mails are
susceptible to change and malwares. VVIDIA COMMUNICATIONS PVT LTD.
(including its group companies) shall not be liable for the improper or
incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication
nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.

---------