AJP from apache to nginx

karolis nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jun 25 08:03:04 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

first of all i'm completely new user of nginx. I want to move from
apache-tomcat to nginx-tomcat, but i'm having big problems with nginx
ajp module and how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my apache httpd-vhosts.conf:

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
        ServerName alis.am.lt
        ProxyRequests off
        ProxyPreserveHost on

        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>

        ProxyPass /AlisL09Service
http://10.255.6.120:8080/AlisL09Service/
        ProxyPassReverse /AlisL09Service
http://10.255.6.120:8080/AlisL09Service/

        ProxyPass /gis/geoserver/web !
        ProxyPass /gis http://10.255.5.140:8080
        ProxyPassReverse /gis http://10.255.5.140:8080

        ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /localhost /localhost/

</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
        ServerName alis.am.lt

        ProxyRequests off
        ProxyPreserveHost on

        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>

        ProxyPass /gis/geoserver/web !
        ProxyPass /gis http://10.255.5.140:8080
        ProxyPassReverse /gis http://10.255.5.140:8080

        ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /localhost /localhost/

        SSLEngine on
        SSLProtocol all
        SSLCertificateFile
/home/dts/certificates/alis.publicsite.primary.cert.p7b
        SSLCertificateKeyFile
/home/dts/certificates/alis.am.lt_privateKeyNoPass.key
        SSLCertificateChainFile
/home/dts/certificates/alis.publicsite.intermediate.cert.p7b

</VirtualHost>
SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin

And here's what i have so far in my nginx.conf:

user              nginx;
worker_processes  8;

error_log  logs/error.log;
pid        logs/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  8192;
}

http {
upstream www_serveriai  {
server 10.255.7.120:443;
}
upstream www_serveriai_80  {
server 10.255.7.120:80;
}
    include       /usr/local/nginx/conf/mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local]
"$request" '
                      '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                      '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';

    access_log  /usr/local/nginx/logs/access.log  main;

    sendfile        on;
    keepalive_timeout  65;

 server {
      listen 80;