Help me test and verify my config

bp1000 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jun 26 16:34:01 UTC 2012

Yes, i just wanted an expert opinion on verifying my parameters

I felt it necessary to explain the application, environment and
parameters.

Just as a follow up; i found that the pm = dynamic config i was using
whilst serving OK for visitor, it seemed to be using twice the
processing that a pm = static used up.

So i have switched to an entirely static allocation.

I projected that each child process consumes about 50Mb with overheads
and therefore allocated 40 child processes for php5-fpm

So far so good.

I'm still getting connection reset by peer but i'm 99% sure this is
people who click back or stop the load before the page finishes. As we
get over 100k searches per day, 10-15 connection reset by peer errors
are fine.

The only thing is, only 50% of my memory is being used so maybe i can
allocate more somewhere.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,227820,227943#msg-227943