client keep alive support under HTTP/1.0

dbanks nginx-forum at
Mon Mar 5 22:00:06 UTC 2012

Hi Valentin,

I can repeat your results with static files - keepalives work with
HTTP/1.0 in that scenario.  However, for responses via FCGI, a
connection close is consistently sent.  I found a post on the russian
forum (thank you Google translate) that implies that the content-length
header needs to be set on the application side.  I had assumed that
nginx would calculate the length and add the header, but this does not
appear to be the case.,1301720319,older