Multiple caching solutions for anonymous and logged in users with SSI on

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Tue Mar 6 00:59:56 UTC 2012

On 5 Mar 2012 04h20 CET, quintinpar at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I guess many people didn't understand my question.
>
> To make it simple, Can I have two caching strategies together:
>
> one for logged in users and one for non-logged in users in the same
> location directive?

I think that you need two locations for each batch of users. Define
two locations and use map to test for the session cookie. If Present
return a 418 and use error_page to redirect to the logged in users
setup.

You probably can do more "dynamic" things using the embedded Lua
module [1].

--- appa

[1] http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule