Disabling file resuming with X-Accel / Removing headers

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Mar 6 23:24:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 11:56:32PM +0100, Adrián Navarro wrote:

Hi there,

> I am using nginx's X-Accel headers, and I want to disable file
> resuming. That implies:
> - suppresing output header "Accept-Ranges: bytes"
> - suppresing input header "Range"

> Anyone have any pointers? I'm running out of ideas now.

Completely untested, and not a direct answer to "file resuming", but you
asked for pointers, so maybe...

If you want a response header from a fastcgi process not to be
delivered to the client, see fastcgi_hide_header, for example at
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_fastcgi_module.html#fastcgi_hide_header

If you want a request header not to be sent to a fastcgi process, set
the matching parameter yourself to empty:

  fastcgi_param HTTP_RANGE "";

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org