Can anyone *really* explain opcode caching with PHP?

gcaplan nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Mar 7 10:10:17 UTC 2012

Hi Volodymyr

Thanks for your helpful response. From what you say, opcode caching is
essential and Xcache is the way to go.

But just to understand - does a php-fpm pool access a single Xcache, or
is there a separate cache set up for each process? I'm trying to get a
handle on the memory implications.

Thanks for the heads up on uWSGI. But my sysadmin skills are basic (I'm
a developer really) and it looks a bit scary. There's not much info out
there, while fastcgi is supported in the php core. For someone who is
not a proper sysadmin, is uWSGI, in its present state of development,
really a sensible way to go?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,223556,223565#msg-223565