Nginx Stats Read - Write difference

pprett nginx-forum at
Tue Mar 13 09:13:38 UTC 2012

we are currently looking for a bottleneck in our application stack. We
use Nginx as a reverse proxy which dispatches requests to an
asynchronous backend (Twisted Python).
When looking at the stub_stats output we notice a large deviation
between reads and writes. Strangely, we notice substantially more reads
than writes (about 4-6 times as much). Obviously read and write stats
are only a snapshot of the counts in this very moment in which we poll
stub_stats. Should we worry about such a huge discrepancy between reads
and writes? How should we interpret these numbers?

More detailed plots can be found here: