Can't configure 33 "virtualhosts" in nginx 0.7.62-0 (max=32?)

compiler2k nginx-forum at
Fri Mar 16 11:57:22 UTC 2012

 I have a Linux Ubuntu 8.04 LTS machine with nginx 0.7.62-0 installed
from a PPA repository.

 NGINX is being working correctly since now, but today I've tried to add
the 33th "virtualhost" to the sites-available and sites-enabled/
directory and nginx does not start.

 I have 32 working virtualhosts from 000-virthost1 to 031-virthost31,
but when I try to add 032-virthost (the 33th), nginx refuses to start
with no error message. If I remove any of the virtualhosts files and add
the new one (having again a maximum of 32), it works.

 Is there a limit on the number of virtualhosts to be served? Maybe it's
a limit in the number of files or symlinks you can have in

 Should I upgrade nginx to correct this behaviour.

 Thanks for any help, I don't know how to fix this.