Static ETags

trojan2748 nginx-forum at
Fri Mar 16 15:29:02 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,
  I had a look at the Static Etag 3rd party module, and noticed a few

  1) There is a memory leak, a malloc() requesting 1000 bytes is called,
but never free()'d
  2) Doesn't check headers from client to see if there is a
"If-None-Matched:" header, so all it does is generate etags, never
  3) Not very robust.

I've written the author Mike West a couple of times but got no reply. So
I took it upon myself to fix. Below is the github with the fixed
version. This is my first nginx module, so please critique as much as
you can. I'm still getting acquainted with the code.