Power Failure Now NginX Restart Problem

DeneB nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Mar 20 16:17:32 UTC 2012

This morning we had one of those power disruptions (the kind that last
just long enough to cause you to reset the clock).  Now when I restart
Nginx I get the error that it can't open the error.log file

/var/log/nginx/error.log        failed (13:permission denied)

also get the failure for the configuration file

/var/run/nginx.pid        failed (13:permission denied)
configuration file     /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

(the syntax for the configuration file is ok)

Before this nginx was running with no problems.
Why am I get these errors and how do I correct them?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,224106,224106#msg-224106