HttpAdditionModule not working for subdirectories

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Mar 21 11:20:19 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 09:07:41PM -0400, Smeagle wrote:

> Hy everyone!
>
> It turns out that HttpAdditionModule is only working for the PHP files
> stored into the web root dir. All content from, let's say, "/forum"
> won't display the embedded content.
>
> Error log pointed out that Nginx is including the subdirectory into the
> HttpAdditionModule URI, so "/header/global.php" mistakenly becomes
> "/forum/header/global.php". Needless to say, that file doesn't exist.

No it doesn't.

Note though, that uri specified in add_before_body is subject
normal processing, and if there are rewrites or something like in
your config - you may end up with completely different uri.

> Given that variables are not supported in this module, how can I fix
> that?
>
> Thank you so much!
>

> Base system: Nginx 1.0.14 with PHP5-FPM
> Settings:
>
>         location ~ \.php$ {
>         root           /var/www;
>         fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
>         fastcgi_index  index.php;
>         fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
> $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
>         include        fastcgi_params;
>         add_before_body    /header/global.php;

Please show full config which triggers the problem for you.  I
suppose there are rewrites which change /header/global.php to
/forum/header/global.php.