rewrite proxy flag set problem

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Tue Mar 27 13:01:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 08:47:57AM -0400, niraj wrote:
> Hi
>
> For that auction proxy_pass working but now
>
> I have request like
>
> /user/ongoingra/display_ra_list?from_period=&to_period=&type=20
>
> I want to redirect this query    for that I have added the following
>
> location =/user/ongoingra/ {
> proxy_pass http://192.168.1.210/user/ongoingra/;
> }
>
> or
>
> location =/user {
> proxy_pass http://192.168.1.210/user;
> }
> or
>
> location /user/ongoingra {
> proxy_pass http://192.168.1.210/user/ongoingra;
> }
>

> but I am not able to get the result of the following request
>
> /user/ongoingra/display_ra_list?from_period=&to_period=&type=20
> just like the same other request also
>
> i.e. /user/completedra/display_ra_list?type=20
>

> Please suggest which rule will fulfill my request to redirect ?

It seems you did not read location documentation:

    Also, using the "=" prefix it is possible to define an exact
    match of URI and location.

Obviously "/user/ongoingra/" and "/user" do not match exactly
"/user/ongoingra/display_ra_list".

Also "location /user/ongoingra" matches "/user/ongoingra/display_ra_list",
but does not match "/user/completedra/display_ra_list".

Where should these URLs be proxied to ?
Probably, you need

location /user {
    proxy_pass http://192.168.1.210;