Enforcing authentication requests for all resources under specific path

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Mar 29 20:29:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 07:21:05PM +0200, Jan Wrobel wrote:

Hi there,

> In my case this is not too good option. I need authentication layer
> configuration to be independent from applications configuration. In

Because of the way nginx configuration works, they can't be completely

But you could try nesting locations:

location /protected/ {
  auth_request etc...

  location /protected/blog {
    blog config...

  location ~ png {
    png config...

(And of course you'll want no top-level regex locations; but that's good
practice anyway.)

Quick testing suggests that the auth request module does inherit these

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org