HttpLimitZoneModule and HttpLimitReqModule.. possible to list IPs banned?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Fri Mar 30 03:49:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 06:01:50PM +0000, Micheal Wolfskill wrote:

> I have this inside my httpd {}.. Is there anyway to list the IPs
> that have been banned?  If not what is the closest way to do
> this?
>  limit_req_zone $limit zone=notabot:5m rate=200r/s;
> limit_req zone=notabot burst=200 nodelay;

Right now the only way is to check error logs, nginx will log "...
limiting requests ... by zone ..." for each request rejected by
limit_req (at level set by limit_req_log_level, "error" by
default).  The same applies to limit_conn as well.

Maxim Dounin