Anonymize IP logging

Martin Loy at
Thu May 3 05:56:28 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if its performance wise, but you can always define your own
log format with a custom
variable instead of $remote_addr which can be almost anything, try using
for example ngx.md5 or any lua code ;)

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Dieter Knopf <dieterknopf at>wrote:

> Hello,
> i'm searching for an way to anonymize the ip address in the logfiles
> of nginx. I already changed the ip to "", but then i can't
> check for unique visitors.
> There is a mond_anonstats modul available for apache, the same ip hash
> would be really nice for nginx.
> Thanks
> nginx at

*Nunca hubo un amigo que hiciese un favor a un enano, ni un enemigo que le
hiciese un mal, que no se viese recompensado por entero.*