ssl_ciphers for speed

Sparsh Gupta sparshgupta at
Sat May 5 12:53:24 UTC 2012

I am using nginx 2.0 built with OpenSSL 0.9.8 and I have the following
configuration for my ssl:

listen 443 ssl;
ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/private/wildcardcert.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/private/wildcardcert.key;
ssl_session_cache   shared:SSL:20m;
ssl_session_timeout 5m;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

Since I dont have ssl_ciphers I assume its picking up the default settings '

I found quite a few articles to make the SSL connection strong and more
secure but I am looking for a solution which is fastest in terms of
negotiating an SSL connection. Can you recommend me some ssl_cipher / other
settings I should try to boost speed. I dont transfer any secure data so I
am not concerned about security.

Sparsh Gupta