can not make WordPress pretty permalinks work (404 error)

seron nginx-forum at
Wed May 9 11:50:44 UTC 2012

I've tried to follow the guide at
as suggested in the post,222511,222517#msg-222517 , but it
still doesn't work. I've copied and replaced the server settings from
the guide, and changed the parts pertaining to my server.

Any permalink setting other than default results in a 404 error page
when accessing the permalink. The permalinks all have the form There's no structure created for the
tags month, year etc. in the url.

Could someone please help me?