Rails XSendfile via Nginx

Ari King lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed May 9 21:21:23 UTC 2012

Jonathan/Francis,

I modified the applications url paths to--

www.foo.bar.com/recipes/:id/video/:filename

> Probably you want to include "~" in your second location directive:

Tried adding the (regex) tilde, but that did not solve the issue.

www.foo.bar.com/recipes/1/video/example_one.ogg

> What is the X-Accel-Redirect header that the backend sends to nginx?

How can I find this out? When I curl directly to the backend server I
get these headers: see http://pastebin.com/CVLjhLRJ

> And where on the filesystem is the file "test.video"?

The video files are stored according to their respective ids; note the
paths are different AFTER the "videos" directory --

/var/www/app/current/uploads/videos/1/original/example_one.ogg

/var/www/app/current/uploads/videos/2/original/example_two.ogg

This leads me to believe the issue is with the alias mapping, i.e.

/var/www/app/current/uploads/videos/=/video;

I tried changing it to the following, but that did not work. I'm not
even sure if that type of mapping is allowed. Does anyone know if alias
mapping allows regex? I couldn't find any thing in the docs.

/lessons/(.*)/video/=/var/www/app/current/uploads/videos/$1/original/;

Appreciate the help.

-Ari