Problem with drizzle-nginx module

agentzh agentzh at
Mon May 14 08:18:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Sparsh Gupta <sparshgupta at> wrote:
> I followed the instructions and build my nginx without any errors, but I am
> facing issues starting the server. I am getting an error:
> ./nginx: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open

You need to tell your system where to look for :)
Basically there's at least two ways (assuming your is
under /usr/local/lib/):

1. Specify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment before starting your nginx:

   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

2. Specify the run path (or "rpath") in your nginx executable by
passing the command-line option
--with-cc-opt="-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib" to your nginx's ./configure

I think the 2nd approach is better for production :)