nginx on windows keeps hanging

asmith nginx-forum at
Fri May 18 05:35:59 UTC 2012

I run my websites using linux, but for my current situation, I test my
sites on my windows 7 64bit. I have setup nginx with php and mysql and
everything works fine. But depending on how many requests get done in
short period of time nginx keep hanging and I have to restart it.
Hopefully someone knows what's wrong with it.

My machine is Intel Quad Core + 4GB RAM + windows7 ultimate 64

This is my nginx conf:

worker_processes  1;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    sendfile        off;
    keepalive_timeout  0;

        listen       3334;
        server_name  localhost;
        root   E:/emergency/HTML/;

        location / {
            autoindex  on;

        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
            root   html;

        location ~ \.php$ {

            fastcgi_index  index.php;
            fastcgi_param PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS 0;
            fastcgi_param PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN 100;
            fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
            include        fastcgi_params;

My error log is filled with this:
2012/05/18 09:29:16 [error] 3028#3052: *504 upstream timed out (10060: A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream,
client:, server: localhost, request: "GET
/index.php?action=home HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://",
host: "localhost:3334", referrer: "http://localhost:3334/index.php"

Thanks for your time.
(keepalive_timeout was 200, then I tried 0, but still same result)