How much work for Windows Multiple Process support?

chicagoben nginx-forum at
Mon May 21 23:49:50 UTC 2012

itpp2012 Wrote:
> I think we might benefit more from solving the
> select problem, with 8 separate workers as
> mentioned before you're still stuck to 1024*8
> which isn't that much more, found an interesting
> discussion about select, why it's used and why it
> should not be used on windows systems:
> ming/browse_thread/thread/a041475f7312f9c5
> If select was rewritten you could run 4
> worker_processes with 10.000 worker_connections
> each on their own cpu. Windows can handle this
> just as easy as Linux folks.

Do you know how hard it would be to do that with nginx?  I'm a C/C++
programmer, I just don't want to dive into this project if there are
going to be lots of other situations that aren't thread-safe.